Do you think that you might be depressed? Are you suffering of anxiety or panic attacks? Are there unresolved issues in your life?
There is a great deal you can do to help yourself before seeing a doctor. To assess yourself you can use the tools below:
If you score higher than moderate in any of the forms or you have suicidal tendencies you should see your doctor straight away.
When your GP surgery is closed their answerphone will direct you to the right place or you can contact NHS 111.
If you or anyone else is in immediate danger or harm then please call the Police or Ambulance Service on 999.
Talking Therapies is a friendly, approachable service that helps people with anxiety, depression, stress and phobias.
Tel: 0300 365 2000 or email email@example.com
Talking Therapies accepts self referrals. Find out how to refer yourself.
There are a variety of independent counsellors for patients who have private insurance. Find a therapist that is registered with the British Association of Counsellors & Psychotherapists here.
Books on Prescription
Bracknell Library runs an extremely successful book section for patients with mental health problems called “Books on Prescription”. This is particularly useful for patients who are not ready for counselling, those who want to do things in their own time or those who find it difficult to let a third person into their lives.
Positive People Company
Going through difficult times? Call and we can provide practical advice and specialist emotional support. Download their Making life run more smoothly leaflet or visit their website www.ppconline.info.
- Youthline (Bracknell) – 01344 311200 – free counselling service for 8 – 24 year olds
- ARC (Wokingham) – 0118 9776710 – free counselling for all ages
- Samaritans (Bracknell) – 01344 455556
- 3 Counties Counselling Service – 0844 800 2792 (£35, concessions available)
- Relate (Relationship guidance – Bracknell) – 0118 987 6161
- Cruse (Bereavement counselling – Bracknell) – 0844 477 9400
- Victim Support (crime victims & witnesses – Bracknell) – 01344 309388
- Mothertongue Multi-Ethnic Counselling & Listening (Reading) – 0118 957 6393