From 1 April 2016 South Central Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust (SCAS) will be providing the Non-Emergency Patient Transport Service (NEPTS) for all patients registered with a GP in a Berkshire, Buckinghamshire or Oxfordshire Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) area, under a single Thames Valley contract.
NEPTS provides transport for patients who have a medical reason that means they are not able to travel for treatment by another method. It includes the following journeys:
- To a planned outpatient appointment
- To hospital for a planned admission
- Home from hospital following your discharge
- To and from renal dialysis appointments
- Home to the Thames Valley area from hospitals in other areas of the country
- As resources are limited and are focussed on the patients with most need, there are eligibility criteria that must be met in order to access the service.