Self Care Week 2016 in Bracknell Forest
Self Care Week – helping you help yourself
Self Care Week 2016 took place between 14th and 20th November. With health and wellbeing events taking place in the Borough.
Our Self-Care volunteers will be in Princess Square throughout the week engaging with shoppers on how they could improve their health and wellbeing. As part of this drive the volunteers will be issuing Self-Prescriptions to signpost people to local support including Smoking Cessations, Falls Prevention, Free Leisure Centre activities and many more.
Look out for the Street Doctors where you can get a Health Check, pick up useful advice on how to quit smoking, manage your weight and get your blood pressure checked. The Street Doctors will be at different locations in Bracknell Forest throughout the week.
Across the Borough, there will be lots free events including:
- Tai-Chi, 15th November 2016, 11am – 12noon, The New Great Hollands Community Centre
- Beginner exercise sessions, every Tuesday – 8th November – 13th December, 6-7pm, The Parks Community Centre every Thursday – 10th November – 15th December 9.30-10.30am The New Priestwood Community Centre
- Health Walks
- Parkrun, 19th November 2016, arrive for 8.45am race starts at 9.00am, Great Hollands Recreation Ground
- Coffee Afternoon, 16th November 2016, 1.30-3pm, Easthampstead and Wildridings Community Centre
- Education Events at BFC Children’s Centres, including talks on Fussy Eaters, Lunches for Children and also Sugar in Food
- Patient Group led Educational Events
Email the ASCHH.CommissioningTeam@bracknell-forest.gov.uk or call 01344 352765 to book your place
There will also be staff from “Talking Therapies”, part of Berkshire Healthcare Foundation Trust, who will answer questions about mental health.
Seated Exercise plans will be sent to Sheltered Housing complex, Residential Homes and Nursing Homes to encourage residents to come together and participate in these exercises.
As part of the Self Care Week, there will be a School Poster Competition with opportunities to win some fantastic prizes including family tickets to The Look Out and Coral Reef.
Self Care Week 2016 Report
To view the Self Care Week 2016 Report, click here.