Bracknell and Ascot Clinical Commissioning Group is delighted to announce that extended hours services will begin from December 1st 2015, to support the health and wellbeing of time-pressed local residents.
Patients registered with a GP practice within Bracknell and Ascot who find it difficult to attend an appointment during the working day, or who need longer consultations, may find that the new Extended Hours service is particularly helpful.
This 12 month pilot scheme will offer an extended hours primary care service, based upon the future model of care that we developed with patients, carers and healthcare professionals earlier this year. The service will provide:
- Routine appointments for planned primary care.
- General Practitioner, nurse and health care assistant appointments.
- The new times on offer are 18.30 – 20.00 Monday to Friday and between 08.00 –14.00 on Saturdays.
- A central Bracknell location with plenty of parking and close to public transport, hosted at the Boundary House Surgery.
- Longer appointment times, with 15 minutes appointments, longer than the usual 10-minute slots.
- Patients will be able to call their GP surgery in the usual way and their surgery will be able to book an appointment quickly and easily directly into the Extended Hours service.
Dr Jackie McGlynn, CCG Medical Director and Ascot GP said, “We anticipate that this will be an excellent addition to our existing primary care services in Bracknell and Ascot which will improve access for local people, run by local GPs and practice nurses”
We are using the pilot project to test and evaluate some new ways of working. These include some tests and examinations carried out on the day, often with results given there and then, as the service will have the latest diagnostic equipment. The provision of near patient testing will support the Healthchecks plus service, in which patients will receive same day test results for cholesterol and blood sugar levels.
Patients in Bracknell and Ascot will begin to see information about the Extended Hours services in their own GP surgery from November 2015.
Click to view the Extended Access Patient Leaflet
Click to view the Extended Access Patient Poster